Town of

Town Clerk

Janet Ingersoll; Deputy Town Clerk Deana Summerville

820 County Route 8
Granby Town Hall
Fulton, NY 13069
315-598-6500 ext 221


COPIES OF MINUTES, LOCAL LAWS, ETC. Copies of minutes of Town Board, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are available in the Town Clerk's office for a fee of $.25 per page. Zoning books are available for purchase at $5.00 and will be mailed for an additional fee to cover postage. Town Board Minutes and our Zoning Book are also available on our website and may be downloaded for free.



MARRIAGE LICENSES The couple must appear in person to apply for a license, at lease 24 hours before the wedding, but no more than 60 days in advance. Bring a photo I.D. (driver's license, non-driver's license, passport), plus birth certificates as well as all divorce papers, if applicable. The license and marriage certificate is $40.00.



DOG LICENSES It is New York State law that all dogs over the age of four months must be licensed. The fee in Granby is $14.50 for a male or female dog, $6.50 for a dog that has been spayed or neutered. The fees paid by senior citizens aged 65 or over are $12.00 per dog, or $4.00 for a dog that has been spayed or neutered. Resident must submit a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate and spaying or neutering certificate, if applicable, with appropriate fee to the Town Clerk's office.



COPIES OF MARRIAGE, BIRTH OR DEATH CERTIFICATES Copies of marriage licenses that had previously been applied for through this office, may be obtained and issued to only the person named on the document. The fee is $10.00 per copy. Birth certificates are only issued to the person named in the document; death certificates to members of the immediate family. Birth and death certificates are available through this office only if the birth or death occurred within the town. Records may be applied for in person or by mail with the applicant providing photo I.D. The fee for birth or death records is $10.00 per copy.



REGISTERING TO VOTE U.S. citizens, 18 years of age and older, are eligible to vote provided they are properly registered. Voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications are available from the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours. The form must be completed and mailed to the Oswego County Board of Elections, 105 E. Seneca St. Box 9, Oswego, New York 13126.



ABSENTEE BALLOTS Applying for an absentee ballot is a two step process. Applications forms are available from the County Board of Elections or from the Town Clerk's office, and must be completed and returned to the Oswego County Board of Elections at the above address. The Board of Elections will then send the ballot to the applicant.



HANDICAPPED PARKING PERMIT Applications for residents of the Town of Granby are available at the Town Clerk's office. Forms must be completed by the applicant and his/her physician. The completed application is then returned to the Town Clerk and a permanent permit is issued for a period of up to five years, or a temporary permit for up to six months. Please bring the applicant's driver's license when applying.

HUNTING AND FISHING LICENSES New York State conservation licenses may be obtained at the Town Clerk's office. Hunters should bring their driver's license and, if not already in the clerk's computer, either an old hunting license or a hunter education certificate. Old back-tags are not valid proof of eligibility. No certification is necessary for fishing licenses; however, proof of residency is required. The fee varies depending on the license.

  • Maintains Official Records of the Town.
  • Dog Licenses
  • Marriage Licenses, Birth and Death Certificates
  • Hunting and Fishing Licenses
  • Handicapped Parking Permits
  • Voter Registration and Absentee Applications
Hours of Operation:

Mon, Wed, and Thurs 8-3

Tues 11-7

Fri 8-1

Sat 9 - noon

Closed Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.